Kinze 3000 Starter Fertilizer Placement Tube Part #TT-301 (Patented
This simple yet effective design is totally protected by the disc blades, so rocks should not be an issue. The 1/8" wall 3/8" stainless tube will easily outlast the disc scraper. The optional seed bounce flap closes the opening between the disc openers assuring correct seed placement by eliminating seed bounce and ricochet.
- Starter Fertilizer application deeper in the soil profile
- Instant root uptake for early plant health
- Maintenance free
Install hose clamp around the shank and placement tube, just above the inside disc scraper. This will hold the tube against the bottom of the shank.
- Remove depth gauge wheels and disc openers, making sure to note correct shim placement.
- Find the 1/4" casting hole in the shank. This is approximately 1" above and 2" forward of the threaded disc opener attachment hole. Drill this hole out to 9/32
- Lift the placement tube up into place and insert the enclosed 1/4" cap screw thread it into the weld nut on placement tube mounting tab. Use the enclosed hose clamp to secure tube firmly to scraper as shown in picture above.
- Tighten cap screw
- Attach zip tie in existing hole in planter to tube as shown in picture.
- Reinstall disc openers.
- The 6mm tubing is provided for producers who may experience plugging issues due to applying a lower rate of fertilizer. Push this tubing up the bottom side of the fertilizer tube, leaving approximately 1/4" sticking out the bottom. (You may need to cut the plastic tubing off after pushing it up as far as you can.) This will create back-pressue at the bottom of the tube.
Due to the variances in Kinze planters, two sizes of bolts have been provided. 1” and 7/8”; use the bolt that best fits your planter.
Kinze fertilizer tubes were not meant to be used on planters that are planting deeper than 2 inches. Producers planting deeper than 2 inches may experience rubbing issues on areas of the tube.